Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Wonderful Teachers

I have a couple really good teachers this semester. One is my aerobics teacher, but the one I want to share about is my teacher for Social Welfare and Policies.
We have now had 2 tests in that class, the first one I only studied for briefly, but did very well on. It was mostly multiple choice and matching. The second test was today and the teacher had warned us that it would be mostly written (short answer, fill in the blank and essay). So I studied a lot more than I did for the last test. Overall I think I did well. I only had one real problem. One of the questions was "what are the 5 points of Social Security". I wrote the first 4: Compulsory Participation, Work Related, Statutory Rights, Contributory Financing. But I could not think of the last answer. After sitting there for 5 minutes after I had answered all the other questions I gave up and took the paper to the front. I talked to the teacher and the conversation went something like this:
Me-Don't you hate it when you know one of the answers, but just can't remember it?
Her-Yes I do. Which one is it?
Me- The question about social security, I know 4 answers and I know the other one starts with a W and the second word starts with a B, but I can't remember it.
Her- (after looking at my paper) Weight.
Me-(light bulb goes on) oh yeah, can I write own the answer?
Her- Go ahead.
Me- Thank you so much.
(The answer was Weighted Benefits)
Now isn't that a nice teacher?I sure think so.

No comments: