Karl and I went to California for Thanksgiving, with our sons of course. We went to visit my sister Lydia and her family. I learned some interesting, and fun, things:
Driving with kids takes more time than driving without them. (I already knew this)
Buy gas in Utah, or California, but not Nevada (it was 40 cents more per gallon in Mesquite than it was in St. George.)
Kaleb eats better when surrounded with cousins.
Kaleb talks more when surrounded with cousins.
Von loves all the attention he receives from his older cousins.
Lydia makes really good Turkey soup.
The PX has good after Thanksgiving prices on kids clothes.
Karl knows what size clothes our boys wear.
Remember to take pictures while you're on vacation.
Drink lots of water so you don't get headaches
It is possible to not gain weight over Thanksgiving (I actually lost 2 pounds).
If you think you might want to take a detour to see something (like the Vegas temple) make sure you get instructions beforehand.
It is possible to drive around in Vegas for 90 minutes and not find the Temple.
If you're lucky you end up finding the temple after giving up and beginning to look for the freeway.
People in convenience stores are more likely to know where the freeway is than where the Temple is.
The Last Legion 2007 Svenskt Tal Online
8 years ago


1 comment:
I never said congrats on the two pounds. Hooray for you!
Post a Comment