For Christmas I was given a book called "Share your Stories." It is a collection of questions to answer so my children can have a record of my life. I didn't really think I was old enough to do that, but I figure now is as good a time as any. And my blog is a good place to type it and share it. I would enjoy reading your answers too! So please comment!
What is your full name?
Carrie Ann Prince- Maiden name is Hugo
Why were you given your name? Were you named after someone else?
I was named after my Great-Great Grandma Carrie Levene Westbrook. She was born 16 May 1876 in Jasper, Pickens, Georgia.
My middle name was my Dad's idea. As I understand it he stood to walk to the front of the church to give me my father's blessing and realized he needed to add an Ann to my name, so he did.
Did you have a nickname as you were growing up? What was it and how did you get it? Have you had any other nicknames during your life?
My main nickname as a child was Bright Eyes. This was because of my bright blue eyes. My dad was the person who used this nickname the most.
My oldest brother, Chet, called me Corkey until he left on his mission. He used it some afterwards, but not as much as he had before.
In first grade some kids called me Freckled Frog for awhile because I had so many freckles. Luckily that died out pretty quickly too.
Sometime around 9th grade one of my best friends and I decided to call each other by nicknames. Cacci Halladay (now Karcich) was Blondie, I was Brownie (to correspond with our hair color.) It lasted for quite awhile, but slowly it changed to only be when we were writing notes to each other. This way if they were confiscated then there were no names on them.
On my mission my companions called me Hugo instead of Carrie and my favorite companion called me Hugo-badugo. There wasn't really a reason for that one, it was just fun.
Now I am called Mom by my boys and my husband Karl calls me by some nicknames, but none with any real consistency.
The Last Legion 2007 Svenskt Tal Online
8 years ago


5 comments:
Here are the questions:
What is your full name?
Why were you given your name? Were you named after someone else?
Did you have a nickname as you were growing up? What was it and how did you get it? Have you had any other nicknames during your life?
I put my answers on my blog. Lydia
http://babiesandbags.blogspot.com/
Alice from a movie star, and Myrtle from Grandmother Lillie Myrtle Sellers Everett
what about Prince Carrie, I call you that every time you call me. -- Drew
Full name: Jordan Leigh Anderson
I was given the name because my mom read it in The Great Gatsby and thought Jordan sounded like a good name for a girl. I found out later that the Jordan in that book is not a nice person.
I didn't have any nicknames growing up. There is nothing you can do to the name Jordan that I like. I was called freckle face for a while but it didn't leave any lasting scars. As for new nicknames I have Mom from my daughter and whatever term of endearment Eric is using.
Post a Comment