Monday, January 18, 2010

Share your stories #2 Your Birth

When and where were you born? What was your weight and length? How tall are you now?

I was born on December 17, 1979 in Provo, Utah at the Utah Valley Regional Medical Center. I was 8 lbs 14 oz. I'm now almost 5'9".

What color was your hair when you were born?

I didn't have much, but it was brown.

Were there any unusual circumstances surrounding your birth?

My mom was very overdue and they didn't really enduce births 30 years ago. It was a Sunday and my dad was set apart for a calling. In the blessing he was told that my mom would have her baby quickly and soon. I was born that night.

Who was the president of the United States when you were born? Who was the president of the Church?

Jimmy Carter was president of the United States and President Spencer W. Kimball was the president of the Church.

2 comments:

Jordan said...

When and where were you born? What was your weight and length? How tall are you now?

Aug 30 of 1980 in Provo, Utah. was 8 lbs 2 oz and 20 inches. I'm now 5'4" or 5'5" and glad there's not a question about weight.

What color was your hair when you were born?

Brown.

Were there any unusual circumstances surrounding your birth?

Heck yes. My mom went into respiratory arrest because her epidural was administered incorrectly. Also, choirs of heavenly angels were on hand to sing for joy that I was on earth and out of thier hair for a while.

Who was the president of the United States when you were born? Who was the president of the Church?

Jimmy Carter was American president, but I was born in an elcetion year. Reagan tromped him in the election. Spencer W. Kimball was the prophet.

Chuck and Nancy said...

Carrie, This will mean more to you now that you have been through labor. After 3 days of medium-light contractions every 5 minutes I went to the hospital because I was tired and worn out. After a couple of hours in the hospital with the same contractions I was still 3 cm. Then 10 minutes later I was holding you. (Quickly) Mom