Friday, January 8, 2010

Mail

Do you remember when you were a kid and getting something in the mail was awesome? I was always jealous of my parents because they got stuff EVERY day, and I only got something about 2 times a year.
When I was a teenager I had a pen-pal and I loved it. Partially because I had a friend to share things with, and partially because I got mail from her on a somewhat regular basis. It was great!
In college I lived for mail, mostly because it was from my missionaries.
When I went on my mission I hoped for SOMETHING to me for me when we would get home from a long day of work.
Now I'm a parent, and I get mail pretty much everyday. I understand now why my parents didn't get excited by the mail. Most of it is from people who want money from me.
It's still exciting though. I still love hearing the sound of the mailbox closing, or seeing the mailman walk up my sidewalk. And while most of the mail is junk, or bills, occasionally I get lucky and get something from someone who loves me, and it makes my day!

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Did you get our Christmas letter?

Carrie and Karl said...

Not yet. Today I got a book from Mom and Dad, but it got me thinking about the mail. I'll watch for your letter.

Lillian Wilkinson said...

I like going to the post office to get mail. though it is usually bills. I am always excited to see the yellow slip, saying that I have a package. Or a key to a big box, which is what happens when we get a small pkg.. then we get to go to the window and get the package that is exciting, though it is frustrating when we check the mail and find a yellow slip, after hours. and have to wait....